Go out and VOTE! November 3rd, 2020
The 2020 United States presidential election is scheduled for Tuesday, November 3, 2020. It will be the 59th quadrennial presidential election. Voters will select presidential electors who in turn will vote on December 14, 2020, to either elect a new president and vice president or reelect the incumbents Donald Trump and Mike Pence respectively.
How do I request an Absentee Ballot?
You request an absentee ballot by calling the Harris County Clerk Office of Chris Collins at 713-755-3150. Give them your name, DOB, and address to confirm and they will mail it you as of right now.
You can also get more information of this process by going to their website as well here: https://www.harrisvotes.com/VotingInfo?lang=en-US#VoteByMail
You have to register to vote before election day in Texas. You can find the deadline to register to vote in the “Dates and deadlines” section.
To register in Texas you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be a resident of the county in which the application for registration is made
- be at least 17 years and 10 months old (you must be 18 to vote)
- not be finally convicted of a felony, or if a convicted felon, you must have fully discharged your punishment, including any incarceration, parole, supervision, period of probation or be pardoned
- have not been declared mentally incompetent by final judgment of a court of law
- *find more information on voting rights restoration here